2017 IACA Excellence in Currency Awards
The finalists are as follows:
Best New Banknote or Series
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand - $5, 10, 20, 50, 100, New Zealand's Series 7 polymer banknotes, named "Brighter Money".
- Central Bank of Seychelles - 25, 50, 100, 500 Rupee. The theme of the 4 new banknotes is Seychelles’ unique biodiversity with key endemic species portrayed on the fronts and backs.
- Swiss National Bank - The new 50-franc note theme is «The Wind». The inspiration behind the new Swiss banknote series is the many facets of Switzerland.
Best New Commemorative or Limited Circulation Banknote
- The People’s Bank of China - China Aerospace Commemorative Note (Denomination 100 yuan), to commemorate the great achievements in Chinese manned space industry.
- Central Bank of Oman – 1 Rial, designed to commemorate the 45th National day.
- National Bank of Poland - A commemorative 20 zloty banknote to celebrate the 1050th Anniversary of the Baptism in Poland.
Best Banknote Processing Innovation
- Banque du Liban - A Fully Automated Cash Transactions System (FACTS).
- Cash Processing Solutions - DLR®7000 QC - a new approach to banknote quality inspection.
- Giesecke & Devrient - SeriTrack™ Discovery, a flexible data analytics solution.
- Innovia - A Guardian Recycling Program - establishing a network of regional recycling facilities in major geographical regions around the world.
Best Communications Program
- Bank of Canada - Is she #bankNOTEable? A public consultation to select a Canadian woman who would appear on a bank note in 2018.
- European Central Bank – four communication initiatives for the new Euro 20 and 50 banknotes: Direct Marketing, Partnership, Euro Run Initiative and the new 50 Euro film.
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas - Information Campaign on the Demonetization of the Old Banknote Series.
Best New House Note
This is a new category of IACA award; it attracted 8 high quality nominations. In honor of the 10th Anniversary of IACA’s Excellence in Currency Awards, the 8 nominated house notes were exhibited by IACA at the Currency Conference. The award winner was determined by a vote of central bank conference delegates while in Kuala Lumpur.
- Arjowiggins Security: Higgs Boson note
- Crane Currency: Moon Jellyfish note
- De la Rue: Barn Owl note
- Kurz: Colorful World “77” Dragon note
- Louisenthal: Water note
- Oberthur Fiduciaire: Five States of Matter notes
- Polish Security Printing Works: Chess note
- Consortium Jura, Landqart, Komori, GSI, Kurz: Lupo note
The winners in all of the award categories were announced at the Gala Dinner on Wednesday May 17th in Kuala Lumpur.
IACA's Currency Hall of Fame
The Currency Conference is proud to HOST IACA's Currency Hall of Fame™ Induction Ceremony, which was established in 2011 to honor distinguished contributors to the currency industry in their home countries and around the world.
IACA’s Currency Hall of Fame provides a permanent public record and memorial of the achievements of its members, available to all those who are interested in currency.
New candidates will be inducted into IACA's Currency Hall of Fame™ every 2 years, in conjunction with the Currency Conference.
Click here to see Past inductees of the Currency Hall of Fame.
Click here to read about the Criteria for Nomination.
IACA Delegate Interactive Lunch Discussion
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
IACA invites its delegates to join in this interactive and engaging luncheon discussion with distinguished experts on a current topic of interest. This will be the 4th Currency Conference where IACA has offered this opportunity to its delegates. It is always an excellent time to meet your fellow IACA delegates and learn and participate in conversation in a small group context.
For more information on the IACA program, please contact Sybil Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org.